[3830] WPX CW HP1XT SO(A)AB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cx7tt@4email.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW HP1XT SO(A)AB(TS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 16:14:51 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: HP1XT
Operator(s): HP1XT
Station: HP1XT

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 31

------------
  160:    1
   80:   30
   40:  242
   20:  405
   15:  353
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

After reading others' comments, not sure we were all in the same contest.
European had their own SS going on 10m; many cluster spots but nary a signal on
10m was ever heard. US reports Sat bad, Sunday good; here, Saturday was wall to
wall signals on P3 on 15m; Sunday after 13z it was different story. From
14z-18z logged 46 Qs. When 15m opened again very rapid and deep QSB made
running stations almost impossible as reports would drop from Q5 sometimes down
to nothing. Resorted to S&P where I would copy previous station exchange
before calling IOT confirm serial number.

First contest with HP1XT call sign which was problematic; many thought they
heard SP1XT; thankfully that station does not exist, at least not on QRZ.com.
This brought many repeats even though N1MM was programmed for about 30 wpm; set
K3 internally keyer to 25 wpm with occasional dit-dit-dit-dit @20wpm,then speed
up the rest of the call; at least the skimmers' got my call correctly, HI.
Maybe with more contest exposure the call sign will become familiar.

Rig is 500w xcvr: K3-P3-KPA500-KAT500. Performed beyond expectations as did my
newly installed vertical dipole from Zero Five. It covers 40-6m but fiberglass
pole out the bedroom window to a end fed 17m wire is 1 S unit better on 80/40m.
Vdple is mounted on top of building @80m. EF wire is 18 feet out the window at
70m. Both played very well and I felt loud; never lost a frequency, which is
rare.

CQWPX cw is my favorite contest. I was early supporter from the 1980s;
sponsored trophy for Oceania for over 15 years until moving to CX in 2005. Then
sponsored 'Southern Cone' plaque (CE,CX and LU) for another 7 years. Maybe we
need a Central America plaque now?

I have been off the air for over 2 years so this was a great way to get back in
play. Tnx for all the Qs and what a fun contest.
73
Tom