[3830] ARRL June VHF NC6K SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nc6k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF NC6K SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 03:20:42 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  74     33  Total Score = 2,442

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another frustrating VHF contest from DM13. We had a decent opening to the
Pacific NW and MT/SD for a few hours, but the majority of the time, I spent
listening to the same local stations calling CQ incessantly while the rest of
the country was enjoying a huge opening.

It was better than last year, but that's because last year was pretty much a
bust. I think the longest QSO I had was about 1k miles to DN47 (1052 miles). I
made as many Qs in the entire contest as most East Coast and Midwest stations
made in an hour. What's even more frustrating is that a bigger antenna and amp
wouldn't have helped much. If I were more philosophical, I'd ask "why does
6 Meters forsake San Diego?". Oh well, wait until next year (I always say
that, but it rarely gets any better).