[3830] ARRL June VHF W3EP Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W3EP Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 14:27:42 +0000
ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: W3EP
Operator(s): W3EP
Station: W3EP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31vp
Operating Time (hrs): 21

    6:  816   173
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  816   173  Total Score = 141,168

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Seemed like there was Es much of the contest: mostly upper Midwest on Saturday
and W4-land on Sunday. I decided to concentrate on running and resist chasing
DX and multipliers. I hardly even looked at DX Summit or the ON4KST page,
though I could see some were working Europe and even Japan. I kept running. As
a consequence, I ended up with a respectable QSO total, but the grid total
seemed modest in comparison. Only DX logged were CO, CU, EA8, EA6, and CT, and
worked only 6 US double-hop grids, and all of those in the last hour or two of
the contest.

   Was also gratified to see that there are many more ops on 6-meter CW than in
previous years, even considering the good Es conditions. Abut a third of my QSOs
were on CW, and I am sure I could not have worked many of those on SSB.

   Good to see all the activity, which made for an unusually active contest.
Great fun!