[3830] ARRL FD N3HEE 1E QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Galicic@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD N3HEE 1E QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 18:53:02 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  119     0       0  Total Score = 1,190

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had family commitments this weekend so not much time to operate. I was
experimenting with remote operation using my new 7 inch Astro Tab tablet using
RemoteHams Android app.  I used the excellent HamLog app for logging. I tried
both running and s&p.  Although a little awkward at first I soon found an
efficient way to switch between apps and make contacts with minimal delay. I
was controlling my K3 which was connected to a HUGE deep cycle marine battery.
I was interested to see how long the rig would run on that battery.  Needless
to say it will easily run a K3 at 5W for at least 24 hours and probably much
longer.  I operated from my patio, kitchen and deck. We had great weather and
it was nice to be outside contesting. The tablet and apps worked flawlesly.
This was a very fun experiment that proved what kind of operating can be done
when you are away from the shack.  73 -Joe