[3830] ARRL FD NW8S 5A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dougdever@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD NW8S 5A LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 00:23:00 +0000
ARRL Field Day

Call: NW8S
Operator(s): AA8S AB8M KB6LCW KB8O KB8ZUN KD8VTX N8USK NC8X W8KRF WD2AMS
Station: NW8S

Class: 5A LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    5
   80:  271    259
   40:  256    280     24
   20:  292    109     18
   15:   42     26      1
   10:
    6:    1     17
    2:           1
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  867    692     43  Total Score = 6,764

Club:

Comments:

Total score reflects 5024 points from QSO's + 1740 bonus points.

Set up on the lot behind KB8O's property for field day this year with the
following setup:
1 G5Rv for 160m.
1 80m cut dipole for CW.
1 75m cut dipole for phone.
2 40m cut dipoles.
1 20m dipole.
1 3-element triplexed beam at 30ft for 20/15/10.
1 6-meter delta loop at 30 ft.
1 2-meter/70-cm dual band horizontal loop at 35 ft.

Bands were rough for most of the weekend but our spirits were lifted by the
amazing, hard-core effort AA8S turned in with his Drake TR7, homebrew memory
keyer he built 30 years ago, and a bug.  He was having so much fun he told his
wife he wouldn't be home for the night and ran the complete 24 hours.

Thanks to the NOARS and NCARC club members who stopped by to see what it was
all about or to operate.  Hopefully you all enjoyed.

Of course, to all of you we got in the log book with a Q, we thank you.

For the Lorain County Wireless Operators (NW8S):
Jay KB8O
Jeff KB8ZUN
Doug AB8M