[3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K4BAI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 12:10:15 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jul 7

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 1.0

  160:   0      0
   80:   4      1
   40:  43     23
   20:  43     40
   15:   5      5
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  95     69  Total Score = 6,555

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FTDX5000, Alpha 78, 1 KW.  TH6DXX, zepp, inverted vee.  Recently purchased
FTDX5000, which I have used in contests at WW4LL, but haven't fully understood
yet.  Alpha 78 just back from the repair shop. Great to have full QSK again.
Thanks to KU8E for coming by and trying to repair the feedline to my 40M
dipole.  I didn't have the proper tools and used the 88' center fed zepp on 40
instead of the dipole.  15M was open to the west at the start. Could have used
more stations starting on 15M.  20 and 40M were quite good, with some good
European signals in the mix.  West coast signals seemed good even on 80, which
I didn't leave much time for.  We couldn't get radio control to work even
though it was using the same cable that had worked fine with my MPs for years.
So, of course, I forgot to manually change the bands in N1MM Plus the first two
times I changed bands.  Will make the IARU HF Contest harder this weekend, but
I must get accustomed to the new rig and all its features.  Thanks for all
QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.