[3830] IARU W2IRT SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, peter@w2irt.net
Subject: [3830] IARU W2IRT SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 12:13:06 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8.6

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  314            34      44
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Well, I screwed myself royally. I didn't read the rules, didn't pre-configure
the station correctly, got no sleep beforehand, slept in at the start and just
couldn't concentrate.

I had planned to do a CW-only entry, which I normally don't do--I'm usually
SOAB(A) Phone HP. I failed to read the rules correctly, and, not realizing
there's no such thing as a single band entry, I limited myself to 20m CW only.
I did OK, but with 20m sucking eggs to Europe I didn't have a lot of takers.
Had a few runs but mostly S&P.

Had no end of computer problems. N1MM+ locks up and keeps sending strings of
dits or my call over and over and over at random. Radio and antennas were OK,
but logging was an absolute nightmare. I will have to fix this before CQWW but
I have NO clue what's wrong or where to start looking. I have 20-30 ferrites in
the system now already. It doesn't do it in my general-purpose logger, just
N1MM+.

A line of severe weather knocked me off the air for 2 hours last night and when
I got back I didn't have much propagation. Glad to see the end of this one.
Lessons learned for next time.