[3830] IARU WO7V SOABMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU WO7V SOABMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 17:33:19 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: WO7V
Operator(s): WO7V
Station: WO7V

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:
   40:   47
   20:  188     14
   15:   24
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  259     24     41      22  Total Score = 54,621

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

The band conditions were generally crap but you would expect that in this part
of the sun spot cycle.  A few Qs were made on 15m but in general it was
unusable.  I did manage to work a few in Asia just after the contest started in
the midst of the gray line.  Otherwise in the afternoon when you would expect to
work a lot of Japanese stations they were conspicuous by their absence.  20m was
open late into the evening with a few openings to Europe.  I rarely work this
contest for multiple reasons but this year I had some time.  I love the easy
exchange exchange  compared to the sweepstakes as most of the time N1MM already
had it filled in.  Just the HQ stations you have to pay more attention to, or
cheat and look them up:-)  The station worked well with no failures.