[3830] IARU K7BTW M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K7BTW M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 19:38:57 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: K7BTW
Operator(s): K7BTW N9ADG K7MO K7ANA
Station: K7BTW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Rainier, WA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:  306     87     27      14
   20:  384    561     36      34
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  690    648     63      48  Total Score = 436,406

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

New Extra class op Anna joined us for the contest.  Except for a little field
day experience, It was her first contest.  She just jumped right in and picked
things up so fast it was amazing.  She was like a seasoned veteran in no time.
Great to have her with us.

Conditions were not very good.  Nothing above 20 was open.  Since the 80 meter
antenna wasn't working, and with no 160 meter antenna, we were left with only
40 and 20.  Both bands were summer time noisy with weak signals most of the
time. The exception was 40 meters to JA which produced runs with strong
signals.   Some short, weak openings to EU on both bands.

The weather co-operated.  We were not missing a beautiful, warm, sunny, summer
day outside.  Great wx for a contest.