[3830] IARU W1WEF SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W1WEF SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 00:16:00 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: W1WEF
Operator(s): W1WEF
Station: W1WEF

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  1449    0      71      107  Total Score = 812,214

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I was looking forward to getting my contesting fix from my station in Ct which
is in great shape again. My remaining project is to automate antenna selection,
but manually selecting antennas was not a problem.   I have two Th6's now
instead of three, so I left the lower one pointing South and the upper one
pretty much on Eu the whole time. On 80, I used the 4 square exclusively but my
high dipole also plays well. The 2 element XM240 at 116 ft also perfomed well,
and I managed a few Qs and HQ contacts on Top band.

All that said, there were times when loud Eu stations on 20 couldnt hear me.
I'm not used to that, but it seemed like signals were going thru a diode
pointing at the US.  At other times I had great runs. I even made a few Qs on
15 and 10 (very few) and had the best run ever on 80, working over 100 stations
on  3503 without ever leaving the frequency.

I'm back at my summer QTH again now, but forgot to copy the log to the memory
stick. All I copied was the Cabrillo file so I dont have a band breakdown. I
"think"  it was fun despite lousy conditions. My butt was in the
chair for 17 hours straight, and I had the leg cramps to prove it. After a two
hour nap at midnite I got back on for another hour, but didnt find enough
action to stick with it so quit at about 3AM.

I wasnt sure I'd be able to stick with it as long as I did following recent
cataract surgery that left me unable to focus on anything, but hopefully the
new eyeglass prescription will take care of that.  JACK W1WEF