[3830] IARU W7RM(K2PO) SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W7RM(K2PO) SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 03:26:12 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: W7RM
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:   15             4       1
   80:   90            12       3
   40:  281      4     23      10
   20:  408    178     34      35
   15:   80      6     14      10
   10:    1             1       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  875    188     88      59  Total Score = 474,369

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

My QSO count is down by just 4 from 2012, when I last entered this contest.  So
that's OK, given the clearly-poorer condx this year.

I was aiming for 1000 QSOs, and after two 20-something hours at 22z and 23z, I
was doubtful about making it.  But then I had a 90-hour at 00z, running
stateside folks on 20m SSB, which put me back on track.

The goose-egg on 10m gnawed at me, so I kept trying CQs.  I was rewarded by a
local who took pity.  At one point I heard JR2GRX calling CQ with a good signal
(i.e., moving the S-meter).  But all my calls were answered by more CQa.  Sigh.

I worked one European on 40m (tks IR1G) and five on 15m (tks F5IN,
HG0HQ,,HB9HQ, LX8HQ and DA0HQ).

62% of my QSOs were with the lower 48 states.  9% more were Japan.  6% were
Europe (zones 18 and 27-30).

'Had fun calling W7RN de W7RM a coupla times.

My rotator is back in service from its summer re-hab.  And my neighborhood
noise source was quiet.  So no excuses this weekend.  (OK, one excuse - I
eventually traced trouble on my 20m antenna to an open-circuit lighting
arrester.  Next year: test antennas before the contest...)

Tnx for the many repeats!

73,

/Bill, K2PO
Portland, OR