[3830] NAQP RTTY W4AAW M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4AAW@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY W4AAW M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 12:19:51 +0000
North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: W4AAW
Operator(s): AA5AU K4XD W3UL W4TMO W7RIV W3AAW
Station: W4AAW

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

   80:   57    29
   40:  226    49
   20:  310    51
   15:   58    25
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  654   157  Total Score = 102,678

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Kudos to Don-AA5AU and Bryon-W7RIV.  Don led the way with BIC-time and QSOs,
making more than half of all Qs.  Bryon, newest member of the W4AAW team braved
being thrown into the deep end of the pool.  Thanks also to Jim-W4TMO for his
kind Elmering.

Very high noise levels greeted us at the start, along with highly aggravating
QSB.  Then, Mother Nature layed on a two-hour long, severe thunderstorm.  After
the storm passed, it felt like it does when you quit banging your head against
the wall.

Remote operators were located as follows:  (* indicates PVRC membership0))

AA5AU Louisiana
W7RIV Utah
W4TMO (*) North Carolina
K4XD (*)  North Carolina
W3UL (*)  Maryland

W4AAW (*) was in the shack for this one.

Additional thanks go to AA5AU for sharing his vast RTTY experience and setting
up the operating positions with two and even three decoders (MMTTY, GRITTY
& 2Tone).  Big improvement.

Rowland, K4XD has done a masterful job at setting up our scheduling.  People
showed up!  (Ninety percent of success is just showing up!  ..Woody Allen)

We planned this as a "practice" contest in order to deal with the
unfamiliarity some ops feel in remote operating.

Our two audio apps performed flawlessly as did the web connections and the Asus
VPN router.  Special thanks to Rick-N1RM and his VPN Update App.  No more
system/network bogging down.

Finally, and sincerely, thanks to all for the mults and Qs.  There would not be
a contest without you.

For more information on Totally Remote Contesting, visit
www.remotecontesting.com

73  Mike W4AAW