[3830] NAQP RTTY AE6Y Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrewfaber@ymail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY AE6Y Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 15:21:25 +0000
North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: AE6Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   35    13
   40:   57    30
   20:   79    32
   15:    8     7
   10:
-------------------
Total:  179    82  Total Score = 14,678

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I don't have any RTTY software, so operating in this contest was a kluge, at
best.  Used a USB keyboard plugged into my Icom 7600 and just used the radio's
decoder for RX.  At first, I intended to just make one QSO to say for NCCC
purposes that I was in the contest, but actually found it possible to call a
bunch of guys, and then decided I could even run stations. However running
meant typing a call into the radio keyboard, pushing F12 to send it then
another function key for the exchange, then typing the call into the logging
computer, while trying to read the tiny print on the radio for his exchange,
typing that in and going back to the radio keyboard to acknowledge it. Fills
were difficult at best.  There were a lot of QLF moments (or the RTTY
equivalent of QLF), for which I apologize.
 But it was actually fun!
  73, andy ae6y