[3830] CQWW VHF W3DHJ/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W3DHJ@jonz.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF W3DHJ/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 18:58:05 +0000
CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: W3DHJ/R
Operator(s): W3DHJ/JONESY
Station: W3DHJ/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: DM77-78-87-88
Operating Time (hrs): 17

    6:   15    14
    2: 14x2    10
-------------------
Total:   43    24  Total Score = 1,032

Club:

Comments:

A pretty sad contest from S.E. Colorado.  Lack of propagation, and
lack of regional participation resulted in a total of 29 QSOs.
Nearly the same nubber of QSOs and 32 more point than my 2015
CQ WW VHF and last year I had to QRT after 5 hours on Saturday.
Thanks mostly to George, AB0YM/R, a couple of casual, non-contesters
along the front range, and strange, "pop-up" skip to individual
"DX" stations, all but 5 of my 29 QSOs were unique --
i.e., I had 24 out of 29 QSOs as multipliers.

The "pop-up" skip was weird and occurred mostly on Sunday.
E.g.,
 * one 59+ QSO to DN28 --- and nothing else.
 * one 59+ QSO to CN87 --- and nothing else.
 * one 59+ QSO t0 EM71 --- and nothing else.
 * one 59+ QSO to CM87 --- and nothing else.
 * one 59+ QSO to DL92 --- and nothing else.
Most of those staions were in for less than a minute.
But, I heard 2 or 3 of'em calling CQ for several minutes --
with NO TAKERS.

 RoverLog QSOs by Activated Grid:
 Grid   QSOs
 DM77   8