[3830] CQWW VHF EI5IX SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ei5ixpat@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF EI5IX SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2016 16:38:27 +0000
CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: EI5IX
Operator(s): EI5IX
Station: EI5IX

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: IO53GT
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  62     36
    2:
-------------------
Total:  62     36  Total Score = 2,232

Club:

Comments:

It was my first time entering CQWW VHF Contest.Propagation was not great as
there was very little Sporadic E around on the Saturday evening with just high
levels of Tropospheric ducting available on the band into the night, nothing
really worked QSO wise but I did hear some distant pings of EU stations come
through via Meteor Scatter propagation, then on the Sunday afternoon things
began to pick up a small bit on the band with QSO's around EI & GI via
Tropo conditions and then at 15:00UTC conditions opened via Troposcatter into
Sporadic E towards more southern EU areas with it QSO rates peaked into the
late evening around 19-20:00UTC. I would have liked if there was more sporadic
E conditions around for this weekend but I think I may have been a bit too far
North West for this years conditions on the 50MHz band as this contest is very
well supported within EU I was surprised with the lack of activity in Ireland
and the UK. I did hear late into the Sunday night after the contest was over
some stations in Canada and the United States on CW via Chordal propagation or
multi hop E's but unfortunately not in the contest... typical... maybe catch
them next time.

I did the best I could in the contest but it wasn't great but my thanks to all
the stations that persevered into completing QSO's in some very difficult
conditions, I'm looking forward to working you next time.
73
Pat EI5IX