[3830] NAQP CW W0DLE/7 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, charles.gerarden@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W0DLE/7 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 15:26:11 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W0DLE/7
Operator(s): W0DLE
Station: W0DLE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WY
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:
   80:
   40:  124    37
   20:  270    44
   15:   55    14
   10:
-------------------
Total:  449    95  Total Score = 42,655

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM OregonTrail

Comments:

I woke up Saturday morning at 5 AM and drove to the Curt Gowdey State Park, West
of Cheyenne. It was a 4 hour trip. I arrived about 10 AM and began setting up my
station. Big Mistake. Curt Gowdy state park is some type of boutique campground
with a visitor center, perfect outdoor toilets, and manicured roads. Not a
stick out of place. Basically a "campground for pussies" (Please
don't be triggered by my last statement) I am accustomed to a more
"bushwacking" experience. No sooner than I set up my rotary dipole at
30' feet, than the "HOA" state park police arrived and began their
hassle. I was in violation of everything. They told me I needed a special
permit, I was parked in the wrong place, I bruised the dirt with my pushup
mast, I could not camp overnight with a tent there. In my mind I named these
guys the 5&5 clowns. one was 5 foot tall, the other 5 foot wide. we
proceeded to argue for 15 minutes. They were forcing me to leave only 30
minutes before the contest started, but I prevailed by using the SJW shaming
techniques learned from all the YouTube videos watched during this political
season. They relented, but I was ordered to leave by 10 PM and could not stay
overnight.

I started the contest and 3 hours in it began to rain so much I had to stop and
sit in my truck. I had setup the station on the truck tailgate with a tarp
overhead but the wind drove the rain a bit to much. I was able to put in 6.5
hours before darkness began to fall, so packed everything up to be out of the
park by 10 PM. The deadline given to me by the Curt Gowdey Park dictators.

I did not work too many GMCCers but was able to get some good rates on 20
meters. I may go to WY again next year, but consider renting a cabin and
staying away from the elite "members only" campgrounds.

Chuck, W0DLE