[3830] NAQP CW K5YAA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5yaa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K5YAA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 17:24:06 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   81    26
   20:  275    50
   15:   41    14
   10:   19    11
-------------------
Total:  416   101  Total Score = 42,016

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Team: DFWCG Stegosaurus

Comments:

Started slow then got to rolling the second and third hours when 20 was smokin'.
Guess the storms had not yet overtaken the East because no problem raising
callers on 20. In fact 20 stayed busy until I hung it up at 6PM local.

10 and 15 had some business at the start and 15 hung in for quite a while. New
stuff these past few weeks as NIL has been on 10 or 15 this summer it seems. 40
just never got rolling and having to wait in line to work a station while the
East worked the East slowed down the SO2R effort of picking 'em off on 40 while
running 'em on 20.

A handful of Texas team members were present but only a couple pulled me out in
the back scatter on 20. Thanks Dave K5GN and Marv N5AW. Marv I know you had a
tough time but we made it. A few moves were successful but a couple were not to
be. Worked all but ND and AK and picked up a few in the Caribbean. Never heard
Loco on from XE though so the August NAQP was XEless because Loco always shows
in most run.

20 eventually dried up with fresh callers and the body started to speak to me
so I stopped at 6PM or just a tad after. One leg of the 160 Vee is still
missing as it was amputated in the Spring when a hackberry tree limb came
crashing down on it snapping the connection tower high. Foliage has somewhat
overtaken the base of tower #2 so reaching in to loosen the rope pulley
arrangement wasn't really desired especially in the rains of Friday evening. I
figured 80 would be even tougher than 40 as far as Eastern QRN so the decision
to halt likely saved much frustration. If not fun, then do not do, is the motto
these days.

Thanks to all who called in. The NAQP is a special one for me as Ken Adams K5KA
(SK) always enjoyed these CW runs. Seems he prepared for the dual gatherings the
year round.

73 - Jerry K5YAA

Dual K3s, 8el 10, 6el 15, 6el 20 and 3el 40 with Vees on 80 and 160. N1MM
logging.