[3830] WAE CW W9RE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W9RE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 13:45:11 +0000
WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:  124          35
   40:  247          40
   20:  788          51
   15:   84          29
   10:   12           8
-------------------------
Total: 1255  1228   436  Total Score = 1,075,612

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Rain most of the weekend but for me luckily no thunderstorms close enough to
make me QRT as opposed to others who noted storms.  This was kind of brutal
since basically only one band at a time was open here.  I monitored 10 and 15
to try and catch openings but they just never occurred here.  I heard lot's of
others running on 10 and 15 and it was just no copy here.

I spent too much time on 80 the first night at 40's expense and since 80 was
not as good the 2nd night I did make one good decision.  I had a very nice run
on 80 using diversity which must have helped.

Not sure I have ever had to copy so many stations that were at the noise floor
as this weekend.  Thank you all for the many, many repeats.  European ops are
the best and most did not mind all the requests.  I second Randy's comments on
sending QTCs on 10 and 15 under marginal conditions but I'm sure others did not
suffer as much as I did on those bands.  One good thing is I could monitor the
QTCs and see if I could here the "R" to see if I could even hear
Europe at that time and most of the time I could not.

A unique thing for this contest happened.  I know in a regular contest a Q
started before the clock turns 00:00:00 you can finish the Q but what about
sending a QTC started before 00:00:00 can you finish it?  I did.  I waited
until 10 minutes were left to find a recipient for my last QTC's and just about
ran out of time.

Thanks to all the Europeans for the activity under the conditions.