[3830] NAQP SSB KK4FEM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KK4FEM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 00:16:39 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KK4FEM
Operator(s): KK4FEM
Station: KK4FEM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 3:55

  160:
   80:   6      6
   40:  30     17
   20:  36     20
   15:   6      5
   10:
-------------------
Total:  78     48  Total Score = 3,744

Club: LARC

Team:

Comments:

Not at all the effort I had hoped to put in... only operated about 3 hours (N1MM
logged 4, but some of that I wasn't even in the chair.) Had a bunch of things
come up Saturday afternoon, everything from fixing the leaking kitchen sink to
my laptop deciding to update . Still was a good time for what it was. I was
happy to work a few stations on 15m. Kept checking back up there to see if
anyone was around, and every now and then I would pick someone up (as far as
California). I had hoped to have a hexbeam up for the contest, but that didn't
happen either. I was stuck running a 132' end fed at 30 feet, with predictable
results - especially during the few times I tried to get a run going on 20.
Apparently one of the lobes on my antenna was towards New England, because
every time I started CQing I'd pick up a few more CT/ME/NH stations. No one
else seemed to be hearing me lol. After a few times trying a run, I just stuck
with S&P with much better success. Weird propagation though. Some of the
strongest stations I heard all day seemed to have a hard time pulling me out,
asking for multiple repeats. Others, much weaker, copied my exchange first
time. Always a learning experience. All things considered it was a good time,
looking forward to next year!