[3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 19:50:08 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

  160:   10     6
   80:   60    21
   40:   26    17
   20:    6     3
   15:    1     1
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  104    49  Total Score = 5,096

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC DC Metro #1

Comments:

Pretty tough going, starting at 0130Z.  Almost nothing left on 20M; 40M not very
productive; managed to run on 80M for about 20 minutes around 0300Z; 160M
disappointing -- my mind keeps expecting Summer SSB results like I had in ARRL
160M 'Test last Winter. Only exciting QSO was with VY2TT; Ken had done me a
non-ham-radio favor the week before, and I got the chance to thank him again.

Fewer fumbles with N1MM+ than last contest.  Still have trouble copying 'phone,
and when I "log behind" during a QSO I find myself typing what I am
saying instead of what the caller said.

Turns out that station integration with N1MM+ is not quite complete.  I had
some RF in the recorded audio on 75M.  Microphone audio was OK, so I operated
by mouth while fiddling with snap-on ferrite chokes.  More investigation and
work needed.