[3830] Rus RTTY N1IXF SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ixf@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Rus RTTY N1IXF SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 16:35:44 +0000
Russian RTTY WW Contest

Call: N1IXF
Operator(s): N1IXF
Station: N1IXF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    4     3
   40:   79    24
   20:   97    26
   15:    2     2
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  182    55  Total Score = 75,625

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow were the condx bad!  The A index was awful and the signals showed it.  Not
much participation in this contest and as others have remarked very few RU
stations, I only worked 3.

I was hoping to use this contest to get a baseline on all the antenna work I
did this summer.  Finally got the 40M beam up  and rebuilt the SteppIR 3el so I
was itching to play with them.  I did have problems Saturday morning once I
started moving the antennas away from EU.  The 20/15 signals were intermittent
as I moved the rotor. So I had to climb the tower on Saturday morning and found
that the rotor loop jumper to the SteppIR was flaky.  I suspect a bad PL259 as
the coax was flexing in the shell.  I replaced the rotor loop with a new RG213
jumper and problem is gone.

Low point of the contest was the idiot "tuner upper" who appeared all
over 40M.  I did my best to ignore it and continue working stations but the
idiot would only move to cover up other run stations.

High point was being the first RTTY contact for KC1BQP... he had no idea that
there was a contest going on which only shows how bad my "run" was.
Hope that he was able to work others and will join in the RTTY fun.

Thanks to all the stations who worked to hear me.