[3830] NA Sprint CW WH6YH LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WH6YH LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 18:06:10 +0000
NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: WH6YH
Operator(s): WH6YH
Station: WH6YH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 2hrs

   80:   5    10 min
   40:  34    60 min
   20:  24    40 min
---------------------
Total:  63     Mults = 25  Total Score = 1,575

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I got a late start and had the usual distractions that took me away from the
contest. My sincere apologies to the professionals out there - you truly make
this look easy. If one of you would take pity and relate to me how to keep
"focus" on the call box of N1MM, I would forever be in your debt.
This was the single most cause of stress and THE discriminator between making
an easy QSO and having the other STN repeat their call any number of
times...well that and my fat fingers and inability to type outside hunt and
peck. I start typing the call, only to find the N1MM call box is not active,
the op sends their call again as I am already scrambling to find out how to
activate the call box. At one point I almost launched my Begali, but the
patient Op whom repeated his call several times pulled me back to reality. Yes
I heard you, and no, I was not ignoring you; in IT speak it is known as PEBKAC,
in the contesting world it is known as a LID. Had there been a hidden camera in
the shack, there is no doubt the video would provide hours of enjoyment and
raucous laughter if played on a loop at a contest banquet; watching me fumble
around feverishly trying to find out what took focus from N1MM, find my mouse
pointer, close whatever program windows opened since it thought I really typed
a hot-key and is now active, all while trying to get focus back to N1MM to type
the op would almost be comical had it not caused me so much frustration. Lost
many QSO that way as many simply moved on and rightly so - this is a contest
after all. A few isolated cases where everything worked flawlessly and made the
QSO in textbook style, sadly those were the exception and not the rule. Finally,
considering the aforementioned, this ought to be ILLEGAL. I had so much fun it
was a shame it ended so soon. Doubling the time would make it 4x or 8x the the
fun, especially at speeds around 35-36wpm. I still had the usual issues with my
call WS6YS, W5BYH, W56, etc. but have applied for a vanity �" 73 es Thank
You for the QSO!