[3830] WAE SSB N5AW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB N5AW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 15:27:39 +0000
WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

   80:    7           5
   40:   48          24
   20:  114          36
   15:  128          37
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  297   292   238  Total Score = 140,182

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First less than full time effort in one of the major WRTC qualifying contests.
We were given some premium tickets to the U of Texas football game Saturday
evening and there was a 50th birthday party scheduled for my son Sunday
afternoon (who as a sports writer was here from El Paso covering the football
game). My wife has been very tolerant of my contesting and since I think I
already have the W5 invitation secured for WRTC thought it best to forgo the
full time effort. My wife is such an enthusiastic Texas football fan her
tolerance level for my contesting would have been severely curtailed if we had
not gone to that game anyway! Unfortunately with K5WA's excellent score that
ends my chances of a "perfect" qualifying score. Unlikely I could
have beaten Bob with a full time effort anyway - congratulations Bob!

Though conditions were not great, at least for me, they were better than last
year. I actually beat last years score with four hours less operating time and
only about half as much time on 40 and 80 with their multiplier bonus.

15 was strange with a couple of good openings on Sunday with strong signals
that lasted only 30 or 40 minutes. Band stayed open after those but signals
were way down.

Only two more major WRTC qualifiers to go - will be glad to see the last one!

Marv N5AW