[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W7QQ/R Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF W7QQ/R Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 19:03:39 +0000

  3.4:    4     2
  5.7:    5     3
  10G:    4     2
  24G:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  176    61  Total Score = 22,692

Club:

Comments:

Five rovers converged on the mountains of western Colorado and two of us
continued into northern New Mexico.

Despite losing the TR relay in the 2 meter amplifier, there were some great
contacts made with low power.  K9VSW from Grand Mesa, CO to Taos, NM on 144
using only 9 watts on my end.  WB2FKO from  Cortez, CO to Albuquerque, NM to
name two.  W9RM dogged us relentlessly on several bands at every turn and
mountain pass. N0IO and XYL KE6LHL helped with with microwave contacts on Grand
Mesa and KE5HHU made some nice long contacts on 5760.  KK6MC/r made some nice
contacts over the most rugged Colorado mountains on 1296.  I think I got the
best part of the deal.

I scored almost 5000 points more than last year which was very satisfying.
Looking forward to next year already.

73 Bill W7QQ