[3830] ARRL Sep VHF VA3ELE Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3ele@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF VA3ELE Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 21:47:31 +0000
ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: VA3ELE
Operator(s): VA3ELE VE3SMA
Station: VA3ELE

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN03dm
Operating Time (hrs): 30

    6:    29    12
    2:    70    26
  222:    25    17
  432:    54    29
  903:     7     4
  1.2:    31    19
  2.3:     1     1
  3.4:     2     2
  5.7:     0     0
  10G:     2     2
  24G: LIGHT     1
--------------------
Total:   222   113  Total Score = 44,861

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Nice contest.
This time was my 2nd time running multi-op form the home QTH and things seemed
to go pretty smooth equipment wise, what started out working, stayed working.
We did have an major issue with noise, OFF and ON, enough to drive a man crazy
during a contest.
50  was ok for what it was, 50% of the time the noise level was s0, the other
50% was at s8
144 was an average of high background noise that im used to
222 ive never experienced noise here, but this weekend at times reached s9+
432 was an average of s3 to s7(normal is s0-s1)
902 was its normal self
1296 was mostly behaving (normal is s0-s1) with a few spurs coming in from a
very very local tower, noise reached up to s7 at time(yes, on 1296)
2304 I suspected was deaf from the beginning, we ended up using Steve's
VE3SMA's portable on the roof top connected to my 4x55el stack and the qso for
some reason was very very difficult, took OVER 30 minutes, persistance paid
off, thanks to Steve and Stephen
3456 was a small horn and operated from the rooftop, was pretty neat for a
first time experience, Steve VE#SMA was pounding brass while I was pointing the
15dB horn to Stephen VE3ZV in EN92,it was a pretty easy QSO with a little horn
and just under 1 watt
10GHZ I was absolutely shocked working Stephen VE3ZV in EN92 off the roof top
again, just super fast and very good signals.

Thanks to all that put up with us in some of the extended QSO's that we were
not able to receive well over the troublesome noise. Special thanks goes out to
Steve VE3SMA for coming to operate here and also provide some of the missing
equipment.

Many QSO's were made from calling CQ on the bands, but, being able to use the
chats helped in making skeds which likely may not have happened. I do find less
stations calling CQ  and opting to sked online in chats.

Propagation, well, we all know what it was like, no need for comment.

Thanks all and catch you next time.

73 de Peter
VA3ELE FN03DM