[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K3CCR Limited Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K3CCR Limited Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 02:13:17 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  115    46  Total Score = 6,348

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC.

For the Sept. 2016 ARRL VHF, W3GB and N3UM could operate so we went
Limited Multi-Op on 6, 2, and 432.  In late Aug. we had a 4-el.
6m. beam put on the mast above our HF Skyhawk, 90 ft. up atop a
43-ft. hill.  So, we were much louder on 6 than in the June VHF
when we used our 40m. inverted V on 7th harmonic!

There was NO Eskip, but that made everyone focus on 2, 432, and
non-skip 6m Qs and grids even though tropo was only fair. Compared
with June VHF we got 26 more QSO points, 3 fewer grids, and 6.3K vs
the 5.5K score we claimed in June with some Eskip. We got good
reports and immediate come-backs on 6 m. with the new antenna.

Best DX was mountain-top W2SZ at 320 mi, easy on 432 CW and on
2 and 6 m. SSB. As often seen in VHF tests, the first 3 hr.
were by far the most productive: we got 45% of our QSOs and
50% of our mults then. We enjoyed greeting PVRC friends close
by and familiar serious VHF contesters further away.