[3830] 144FallSprnt VE3CRU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt VE3CRU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 15:39:45 +0000
144 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN04na
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 37  Mults = 17  Tot Dist(km) = 10038  Total Score = 629

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This was a positive change in contesting.  Good prop, good weather and good
results.  Murphy knocked on the door but not let in. No noise at this location
at 1100 fasl on the south edge of an escarpment.  The gun club on my left was
closed so no shotgun bangs to contend with from the other side of the fence.
Unlike other low band contests, there was fewer locals from FN03 and many more
mults.

The only glitch was a soon spotted big drop in power, which seems to be a bad
so-239 connector on the 910H.  Antenna was the rear 9 elmts of an old CC 4218xl
Boomer with 6 of 9 elmts badly bent from tree damage the morning of the contest.
 Did not show anything negative, in fact perhaps the opposite. Height was 11
feet on the new Rovermobile, 2005 instead of 2004 Toyota Sienna.   Also had a 4
elmt WA5VJB yagi off-vehicle vertcal for FM, not used.

It was a treat to see prop in all directions.  Best dx east was K1TEO FN31, to
the south was WC2K in FM29 and to the west was KA0RYT booming in on AU from
EN35 at 10:18 local time, many chasing him.  At 10:30 I was very tired from a
full weekend of 10 Ghz Microwave activity and knew the generator was near
empty.  Listening to KA0PQW AU in EN33 with a big pileup, and decided to start
packing.

Many thanks to the SVHFS and their support team for sponsoring the Fall
Sprints, and to all who participated and gave me points.  It was fun.  Looking
forward to the next Sprints.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU ........ Hilltopping for a change.