[3830] CQ WW RTTY W7VO M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7vo@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W7VO M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 01:14:03 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W7VO
Operator(s): W7VO K5ZM KG7ASQ
Station: W7VO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 42

   80:   40       21       3     4
   40:  227       37      28    20
   20:  370       46      71    26
   15:  152       20      28    17
   10:    0        0       0     0
------------------------------------
Total:  789      124     130    67  Total Score = 483,426

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Well, except for destroying the 15 meter traps on my TH6DXX due to overheating,
and losing an expensive 3CX1500A7 right before the start in the afternoon
"pre-test", the contest went better than I could have dreamed. Band
conditions were much better than expected (15M was back!), the lowbands were
very quiet for here, (which was a NICE change). I've been adding multiple
ferrite common mode chokes to all the low band antenna feeds in recent weeks,
maybe they are working!

In retrospect, we spent a LOT of time in mult hunting today rather than
running, and that might have cost us. The goal we set was 500K points from this
"tribander and wires" station, so we came in pretty close. We might
had made it, except the 15M antenna trap failed for good with just under 1/2
hour to go, so we went to low power (80W) for the end and lived with the 6:1
SWR.

Thanks to all the operators at the other end. It was a first class test in
every way.

73;
Mike
W7VO