[3830] CQ WW RTTY K3EST(@N6RO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K3EST(@N6RO) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 01:36:32 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

   80:  215       45     14    12
   40:  660       51     58    28
   20:  936       56     82    30
   15:  584       39     63    26
   10:   22        5      9     9
-----------------------------------
Total: 2417      196      9     9  Total Score = 2,676,106

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

As we did last year, Bob and I decided to to a casual M/M, as we couldn't
recruit other RO team ops to do a real M/M, and wanted to avoid the band
change limitations of M/2 or M/S.  We used three K3s; one SO2R station and
another one dedicated mostly to 20m, where EST did his usual ironman job.
Bob put in 41 hours, and I did about 30, favoring a strained
shoulder muscle.

Condx on Friday night were great, with dozens of EU on 40m, and
even 8 EU Qs on 80m, which is unusual for this time of year from
the west coast.  Saturday night was dismal, no EU Qs at all on 40 or 80m.
Sunday was even worse, with no stateside prop on 15 or 10m, other
than a few local or scatter Qs. 20 and 15m were open to JA all three
afternoons, and almost half of our Qs were from Asia.

We lost some time on Friday eve with software issues, but got it all going
with telephone aid from NA6O.  So all in all, a good time.  Thanks for
the Qs, and CU all in CQP next weekend.

N6RO
N6O in CQP