[3830] CQ WW RTTY K4WDR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K4WDR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 12:20:54 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K4WDR
Operator(s): K4WDR
Station: K4WDR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

   80:   86      30      10    10
   40:  109      35      23    11
   20:   80      16      38    16
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  275      81      71    37  Total Score = 87,129

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I spent more time off (27 hrs) than in the seat (21 hrs) - Started Late, Ended
Early - So the low score was predictable. For one reason or another this
contest really tested my endurance. I found that after 50 years old - I just
don't have any .... hi hi

Worked the contest with a Kenwood TS-480 SAT and a 160m Doublet (240' long)
tuned with a Dentron Super Tuner and I generally kept my exciter power down
from anywhere to 8 to 12 watts or so and used my Ameritron AL-811H amplifier to
bring my power up to just shy of the 100 watts maximum for the LP category
according to my Palstar PM2000A watt meter. Maybe next year I can do better but
perhaps the score will be useable for the SECC Group overall.