[3830] CQ WW RTTY I4DZ(@IR4M) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik4mgp@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY I4DZ(@IR4M) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 13:07:18 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: I4DZ
Operator(s): I4DZ I4EWH I4IFL IK3QAR IK4DCW IK4HVR IK4MGP IZ4NIC IU4DBX
Station: IR4M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MonteCodruzzo
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  363       33      72    19
   40:  836       54     108    35
   20: 1276       56     120    36
   15:  918       52     112    32
   10:   90        0      53    19
------------------------------------
Total: 3483      195     465   141  Total Score = 7,287,498

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Thanks to I4DZ to let us use his nice short call. (In Italy for some
reasons we can use our special 2x1 callsigns: IR4M just for a handful of
contests, and the CQWW RTTY is not one of these).
The last-minute defection of a couple of operators left the team with
only four operators, one of them at his very first contest experience.
This forced us to change initial plans to more stressing shifts.
It's been a fun contest as usual, with a lot of participation from all
over the world.
Nice conditions the first day, with very productive low-bands: on 80 we
were even able to work XE2X and some west coast with K3EST from CA and
N7AT in AZ. Unfortunately, Idaho is missing as AA7UN didn't copied our
long answer to his CQ.
Saturday 15m in very good shape, with good opening towards JA and NA.
Poor conditions on 10m with only some Caribbean and South America.
No USA, even if at a certain point we have been spotted by the K3LR skimmer.
Different story on Sunday... due to some solar flares, conditions
 worsened and so did rates.
Highlight was VP8NO, worked on 10m and QSYed on 15m for a double
 multiplier. Thank you Michael!
CR3W was worked in all bands without problems, except on 15m, where for
some reasons he wasn't able to hearing our call, even if their signal
 was huge. We insisted a lot, without success. What happened guys ?
Nice fight on the score table with our friends at IQ1RY, good job guys!
However, we wish there was more participation on CQContest!
Logistics and kitchen were superbly directed as usual by Paolo I4EWH,
 while professional technical assistance was led by Nicola IZ4NIC.

See you in SSB leg, this time as IR4M!