[3830] CaQP K0HC M/MSchool HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K0HC M/MSchool HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 03:41:49 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): K0HC
Station: K0HC

Class: M/MSchool HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

  160:
   80:
   40:   14     13
   20:   42    352
   15:   19     68
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:   75    433  Mults = 58  Total Score = 63,278

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

Our first "outing" in the Hesston College contest season. Aviation and
air traffic control students Alex, Austin, and Abram were introduced to the fun
of ham radio contesting as we chased California counties.

We got lots of the "hard" counties early on, but there's always one.
This year it was COLUsa.  We thought we had it when we worked a
"walk-on" mobile in Glenn county. I asked him if he was heading to
Colusa and he said, "we just drove into a new county and I think it was
Colusa!" Congratulation all the way around until he checked his map and
found Tehama instead. He was going north instead of south!

An hour later, at 0203Z with 20m almost done, we were close to making our last
call for the evening when N6NHI appeared from Colusa and the Sweep was ours! We
gave it another try on Sunday for an hour or so. It was especially fun to hear
Erin, KJ6MQM, call CQP from KERN county. I had just posted the 2016 KSQP
Preliminary Results and gave her the good news that she had won our Youth
Category this year.

All had a great time here in Kansas. Thanks for helping to introduce some new
potential hams to our wonderful hobby.

Log has been uploaded to LOTW.

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc