[3830] CaQP W7YAQ/6 SOCntyExp HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP W7YAQ/6 SOCntyExp HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 06:37:12 +0000
California QSO Party

Call: W7YAQ/6
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: W7YAQ

Class: SOCntyExp HP
QTH: DELN
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

  160:    0      0
   80:  143      0
   40:  126     60
   20:  259     49
   15:   88     22
   10:    0      0
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

We started a family vacation last week on the Oregon coast.  Worked our way
south just in time to land in Del Norte County CA for the weekend.

Operated from Ship Ashore Resort in Smith River in Del Norte County, just south
of the Oregon border.  Put up an R5 vertical for 20-10, and a 33-foot DK9SQ pole
supporting a quarter wave vertical for 40, and inverted L for 80.  Rig was a K3
with KPA500.  Nice waterfront location, but overwater direction was to KH6 --
big signals from that direction!  Coax from our room to the antennas crossed
driveway to boat launching ramp.  Thunderstorms and rain limited boat trailer
traffic, but unfortunately added to my off-air time.

Not sure why I came up so short on mults, missing RI, DE, MS, AK, ND, and MB.

Anyway, happy to give out the DELN mult in this enjoyable contest.

We continue our vacation tomorrow through the Redwoods and over to the
Sierras.

73,
Bob W7YAQ/6