[3830] NA Sprint SSB NP2X(K9VV) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9vv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB NP2X(K9VV) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 13:12:05 +0000
NA Sprint SSB Contest - October

Call: NP2X
Operator(s): K9VV
Station: NP2X

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP2
Operating Time (hrs): 3:06
Radios: SO2R

   80:   20
   40:   64
   20:   29
---------------------

Club:

Team: MRRC, NCC and Friends

Comments:

This contest was probably a good taste of what's to come as the solar minimum
approaches.  Add to that the absolutely wicked QRN from two hurricanes which
have churned up storms in the Caribbean, and you get a challenged contest.  I
was not surprised when I finished to see lightning flashes out the window, hi
hi.

Activity seemed way down, most likely due to condidtions.  Thank goodness for
the QSO parties and the SAC contest which were also happening.  Worked lots of
those guys to keep the interest level up.

Highlight was working HK0 (San Andres Island) for the first time in a Sprint.
My Spanish teacher would be proud, hi hi.  Amazingly loud signals from VE4;
just like beacons!

See everyone in the next one!

73,
Fred, NP2X