[3830] Makrothen RTTY AB4SF SO/Single Xcvr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY AB4SF SO/Single Xcvr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 17:36:59 +0000
Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: AB4SF
Operator(s): AB4SF
Station: AB4SF

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: Richmond, VA FM17
Operating Time (hrs): 8

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:  124
   15:   57
   10:    5
------------
Total:  186  Total Score = 877,388

Club:

Comments:

Makrothen has always been one of my favorite rtty contests.  Tip of the hat to
those who suggested that we operate this year anyway and many thanks to all who
did!

Because I am in the process of moving to a new QTH, the only antenna that is
still in place is my tri-bander so for me, there would be no 40 or 80 meter
operation this time but I thought I would at least try 20 meters.  Thankfully
the bands were in decent shape.  I even made some 10 meter contacts and worked
a few stations on all of the 3 bands that I operated.

Hoping for an EU opening on Sunday morning I had planned to get in a few hours
of on-air time. Even though my QTH was a couple of hundred miles from the
hurricane, the gusty winds and heavy rain overnight caused the power in my
neighborhood to go off around 5:00am. I checked the power company website and
saw there were alot of outages around already, especially closer to the ocean,
so I thought that for me it might be a long outage.  After dawn I got up,
fueled my portable generator and started running extension cords to the
shack...after I got the coffee maker working first!  Around 9am, the power came
back on but then my rtty computer did not want to come back up.  After a long
half-hour of waiting for Windows to do whatever, I finally did get on the air
for a few more Q's.

Thanks again to all for keeping the contest going!  Probably my last one from
this QTH but the new QTH should be much better once I have time to get the
antennas up over there.

73 for now,
Wray AB4SF