[3830] Makrothen RTTY AB1J SO/Single Xcvr LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY AB1J SO/Single Xcvr LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:31:56 +0000
Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: Waltham MA FN42
Operating Time (hrs): 10:45

------------
   80:
   40:   39
   20:   88
   15:   39
   10:
------------
Total:  166  Total Score = 705,104

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

"Even if you tear it down, they will come." From the movie
"Frequency of Dreams."

I was surprised at the affection for this contest and how many showed up in
spite of no cotton candy, popcorn or tractor pulls. Anyone in favor of distance
scoring should continue to lend their support.

I'd like to see the contest continued and I wonder if it can be tweaked to
approach a more level playing field by creating a handicapping table similar to
the one used by the DRCG RTTY contest but based on past Makrothen results:

http://www.drcg.de/_static/pdf/drcgww/drcg-ww-rtty_points.pdf

This Makrothen table would be used along with the current distance scoring to
better even things out. From what I've heard, straight distance scoring doesn't
truly make up for geographical differences.

Just an idea. Makrothen 2.0

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500  N1MM+  MMTTY/2Tone/GRITTY