[3830] NyQP N2CU SO MobileMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NyQP N2CU SO MobileMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 14:34:49 +0000
New York QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SO MobileMixed LP
QTH: 6 counties
Operating Time (hrs): 9:46

  160:
   80:  141     13
   40:  242    180
   20:   66      5
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:  449    198      0  Mults = 87  Total Score = 95,352

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

A H-U-G-E (upstate NY'ers will get the reference) thank you to the NYQP
organizers and the RDXA for this event. This was more like it (see my comments
from last year). Even though conditions were sucky to the extreme, activity was
good.

My start in ERI was very slow and it was like pulling teeth to get a QSO. I
CQ'd on 20, 40 and 80 with little to show. 47 QSOs. It was the same thing last
weekend in the PAQP where I started in ERI also. Maybe it's something with the
county name :)

In CHA, things improved with a better location and the sun warming things up.
102 QSOs.

CAT was not far away, distance wise from the ERI and CHA lines, and it produced
pretty well. 86 QSOs.

Then it was a longer drive to reach WYO, ALL and LIV. Once in LIV after sunset
I decided to change my on-the-fly plans and double back through a few counties
to get some 80m QSOs. That was a good choice rather than running 20 or 30 miles
to another county. I loaded up in WYO and ALL to finish. WYO 128 QSOs, ALL 160
QSOs and LIV 124 QSOs. I also finished 1 hour away from home; got home at a
decent hour.

I checked/CQ'd on 15 and 80 during the daylight hours but no takers for the
most part.

Got lots of crazy good signal reports, like 40 over 9 on 40m SSB from a station
in New England, and 20 over 9 from the midwest. I love it! Maybe being on a
hilltop at 2100' elevation had something to do with it.

Stats:
Best 60 minute rate 109/hour
Counties activated 6
Counties worked 42
Sections and provinces 45
Stations worked in every county K1RO, N2JJ and WN4AFP
QSO leaders K1RO (14), WA3HAE (12), N2JJ (11), K2SSS and WN4AFP (10)

Thank you to all who participated in our QSO party. It was very much
appreciated.

K3/100, KA8KIP Eliminator screwdriver with 94" whip, N1MM+

73, Tom N2CU