[3830] IlQP N8XX Non-IL QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] IlQP N8XX Non-IL QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 00:15:36 +0000
Illinois QSO Party

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Non-IL QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:      0       0
   80:      4       0
   40:     22       4
   20:      0       0
   15:      0       0
   10:      0       0
    6:      0       0
    2:      0       0
------------------------
Total:     26       4  Mults = 21  Total Score = 1,176

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Got on from home, because rain was predicted even for the afternoon, and it was
spitting at 1600Z when I first thought of going out on the North Country
National Scenic Trail (TR04) for an activation, and continued off and on until
dark.  The trail officially closes down at dusk, and I didn't want to get
rained on anyway, so I stayed home, fired up the KX2 and had a bit of fun.

40 was wide open until the very end.  I worked through most of the stations who
could hear my "mighty 5 watts to an antenna proven to be a few dB better
than a dummy load buried 6 feet under ground."  There were only a few who
"called CQ repetitively in my face."  I figured they must have local
noise.

I found N9FN on both CW and SSB - and he must have ears for "XX"
because I got him after only a few calls in each mode.  Thanks to K9 and N9FN
for their usual stellar job on VERM/CHAM/EGGR/DOUG!

Maybe one of these years I'll wander down to Illinois for another in state
ILQP.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time