[3830] CWopsT K4GMH HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K4GMH HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 20:27:49 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Oct 19

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VIRGINIA
Operating Time (hrs): 0.52

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  50
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  50  Mults = 50  Total Score = 2,500

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for the QSOs - appreciated.  Apologize to Dan, K4FXN, for the botched
QSO.  Started the QSO with Dan okay.  Then I happened to see the freq. being
recorded by N1MM for all the previous QSO was 20 meters rather 40 meters as
they should have been.  Pressed "Reset Radio" and the computer took
the radio's freq. to "who knows where" for a second plus.  Once the
radio was returned to the proper freq., Dan's call in the Call Entry box wasn't
recognized by N1MM. Had to delete Dan's call and reenter it.  By then Dan had to
be wondering what was happening and started using the freq.  Dan definitely was
doing more good with the frequency than I was - so exchanged info. with Dan and
left him the freq.  And my excuse for messing up so bad is: I just woke up from
a nap around 1915.  Didn't see if everything was set up okay with N1MM as I
rushed to get going in the session.  Eventually found the first 11 QSOs were
recorded as being on 20 meters.  Lesson learned - set a wake up alarm for 15
minutes before the start of a session:>)

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH