[3830] CQWW SSB VE3CV SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3CV SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 23:57:06 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: EN93el
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    9     3        2
   80:   50    16       28
   40:   81    18       41
   20:  130    22       69
   15:  170    22       57
   10:   60    11       33
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Having acquired a SB-200 amp this year, I decided to end my years of frustration
with LP in SSB contests!  What fun to have an amp even if only 600W. Spent
Saturday elmering a contester in training still studying for his ticket.  What
better than to show him the craziness of CQWW SSB!  Conditions were not too bad
despite the scary A and K numbers. Ten opened and closed a few times on
Sunday...hung around for EU and Africa to come back!  Too noisy on 160m this
year, but 80 was a surprise for the countries worked.....ah the amp!
Thanks for all the Qs.  Great fun on a rainy weekend.
73 Jeff VE3CV

FT-1000MP (1995)
5 band Hexxbeam, GAP DX Voyager vertical (40 and 80), 80m doublet for 160m
One 200ft BOG for RX antenna (West)
SB-200 Amp.