[3830] CQWW SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 00:05:42 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 33.9

  160:   15     7       10
   80:  114    16       52
   40:  183    25       71
   20:  500    30      109
   15:  270    24       79
   10:  101    12       35
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Well there's 48 hours of my life I'll never get back. Everything worked well but
thanks to Ol' Sol throwing a wet blanket over the HF spectrum scores were way
down. Only one (small) run on 20 despite many attempts. No successful runs on
40. Only a handful of DLs and Russians all weekend. No 15 or 40m JAs, and only
a very small handful of the Usual JA Suspects on 20.

20 and 40 were the money bands. 80 was awful, 160 was borderline unusable, 15
was great to S.A. and the Caribbean but not so much to Europe (only
Spain/Portugal and further south had prop to the East Coast. A bit of life to
Oceania on Sunday afternoon, though. Only one Z24 station heard all weekend.

I'd gone into this expecting 2.5 to 3M, so "disappointed" is an
understatement. At least the weather was good and I could justify going outside
to save what was left of my sanity. Four weeks to CW.