[3830] CQWW SSB KT3ZB SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4zb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KT3ZB SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 02:13:00 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT3ZB
Operator(s): KT3ZB
Station: KT3ZB

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: Savannah, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   26     9       15
   40:   82    18       37
   20:  111    20       51
   15:  159    17       50
   10:   97    13       29
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Worked this CQWW with one hand tied behind my back or maybe two. First was the
water leak in the house which resulted in having to disassemble the station to
put in new flooring. So the station was not put back together until the day of
the contest. Meantime, Hermine and Matthew blew through leaving the big
antennas all pointing south after the brakes on the rotor failed. Also the
tower is only partway up so none of the antennas were over 50 ft,. Fortunately
I have an A3S on the tower pointed into Europe. But it is very low so the 20m
performance is marginal. The wires were all up in the air although Hermine had
taken a chunk of one tree down so the loop is skewed and wouldn't tune. The 80m
wire worked the 1st night but the relay failed the 2nd night. Hermine destroyed
the 160m inverted L.

So having about a half a station, coupled with the pitiful solar conditions
going into the contest, I didn't expect a whole lot. And that's what I got.
Best bands for me were 10 and 15m. 10m was open all weekend to South America.
20m was a real struggle as I just didn't have antennas high enough to break
through. 40m was good to the South since the antenna was pointed that way.
Worked very little Europe on 40m.

Entry is the CQWW Classic LP, un-assisted, 24 hours. Contacts were 95 percent
S&P and my run attempts didn't produce much except for VP6AH, Pitcairn
Island, calling me on 10m. That made the weekend special.

Thanks to CQ and the CQWW committee for sponsoring this great contest.  And
thanks to all the folks around the world whose contacts filled our log.

Best - Jere

FT1000MP Mk V(100w), TH6DXX, A3S, XM240 for 40m, 40 and 80m dipoles, and N1MM+.