[3830] CQWW SSB N1UR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N1UR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:01:13 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:   51     9       28
   80:  198    20       61
   40:  335    25       80
   20: 1323    28      116
   15:  474    23       83
   10:  147    16       41
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

WOW - not for a good reason.  Note to self - when K = 5/6 for
a few days before a contest and SFI is beloe 80/85, expect a slog.
I knew it was going to be bad - and was prepared for a different
strategy for sure. But not this bad.  Absorption was amazingly bad
on all bands really.  I was hard to believe that I had zone 16 on
only one band - 20 in the first 24 hours.  I finally picked up
zone 16 on 80, 40 and 15 on Sun and 17 on 20 on Sun.  When you pull
all of the Russians and zone 16 out of the contest - the rate goes down.  Also,

I felt that the participation in general was way down because
conditions were so bad - expect for US guys looking for the zone
mult - that was unfortunately up this weekend.  Also, great increasing
activity from the SA guys.

I shifted mentally after the first 10 hours just to stay in the game.
I have not done less than 43 hours in a CQWW contest in over 10 years
but this time - the naps were needed to keep sane and a best use of time when
the
CQing on 40 or 80M is producing nothing - except for US guys looking
for zone mults.

Everything worked well except for one antenna - 40M south - which was
was more important than usual this year.  Will have that fixed for
CW.

Despite it all - still love this game.

73

Ed N1UR