[3830] CQWW SSB VK2IA SOSB(A)/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk2ia@vkcc.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VK2IA SOSB(A)/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:22:32 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VK2IA
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK2IA

Class: SOSB(A)/20 HP
QTH: Coonabarabran, NSW
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1157    34      132
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1157    34      132  Total Score = 531,200

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Antenna work hasn't progressed as much as I had wished for this year. So I was
still stuck with my spider beam on a 10m mast and decided to go SB20, believing
that 20m was the 'safest' band...

The first part of the contest felt like pulling teeth, no run, nothing. When my
hopes for a decent LP run into EU on day 1 were dismissed by the propagation
gods and a constant S7 hiss started to drive me nuts later that nighht, I
decided to change my operating mode to 'casual' ...and go assisted.

Condx on day 2 improved. Had a few good runs into EU, still no NA and AS/JA/BY
was extremely slow. NA signals were on average better than the previous day. In
total only 10% of the QSOs were with NA vs 50% with EU. Western and Southern
Africa are always somehow difficult from over here and I was not overly
surprise not to hear a signal from zones 34-36-37-38.

Will be back into 'serious' mode for the CW part, let's hope for a change…
Thanks for the Qs and see you in November.
73
Bernd VK2IA