[3830] CQWW SSB N5FO SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, samsadventure@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N5FO SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:16:32 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N5FO
Operator(s): N5FO
Station: N5FO

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Tyrone, NM
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80:
   40:  815    27       71
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

OK,so trying to break the area 5 SOSB record on this particular weekend was just
a joke, right! What can I say that already hasn't been said, conditions just
plain SUCKED!

No credible runs to EU combined with a weak Sat morning JA appearance and none
at all on Sunday morning made for a long, grueling effort. The saving thing was
I got lots of nap time.

I did get to explore the receiver features of the TS590 more than usual. The
pileups of strong run stations everywhere in such a small bandspace was indeed
challenging.

Need to do some work on the 40M yagi, as SWR above 7215 was off the charts!
Thanks to the forgiveness of the AL-1500, I was able to push some power up the
425ft soda straw. The local deer loved it. They bedded down on the nice warm
coax for the night.