[3830] CQWW SSB K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 19:15:13 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): NQ6N K9QQ N7MB WT2P KB9OWD K9ZO K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   66    11       21
   80:  185    21       63
   40:  663    30       91
   20:  851    32      115
   15:  517    28       92
   10:  273    20       55
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

The best part was the team, contesting and food. We had a great time together as
no one lost weight. We had time to fix a couple of things and time to discuss
lots of subjects.

Unfortunately, we had time to fix things and discuss lots of subjects! Band
conditions were BAD. It seemed like there was a signal sponge overhead keeping
our and others signals from going anywhere. We always say we are in the Black
Hole but this is the worst conditions we have ever had for a 48 hour contest
here. We could hear other stations on the east coast or Texas making QSOs but
we just did not have any luck going to EU.

What EU and AS QSOs we made were mostly skewed path. There was a significant
difference in direct vs skewed path. There were also some unusual openings but
they were brief. One was an opening to Scandinavia on Saturday afternoon with
very loud signals.

We had a good team of operators that were under-utilized. One was a first timer
at K9CT.....CJ/Cedrick, WT2P. Cedrick was a great addition and will be returning
for CW weekend.

We again had all of our antennas back from the ice and wind storm of December
28 2015. It was nice to have some choices. However, we had some additional
lightning damage show up in some of the Stackmatches and had to do some quick
switch outs. Good to be at ground level!

We posted our score on CQCONTEST.net and wish our NA competitors would all do
the same. This adds a level of excitement that is missed when you don't.

Thanks for all of the QSOs and see you in the CW event. I hope conditions are
better for CW.