[3830] CQWW SSB VE3JM SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3JM SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 22:06:18 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3JM
Operator(s): VE3JM
Station: VE3JM

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:  104     8       22
   80:  252    19       61
   40:  178    21       64
   20:  399    24      104
   15:   98    22       59
   10:  123    17       47
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

It was a weekend with a good number of hardware failures. Partially the reason
for it is that I have not operated from the location since March. It started
with the SO2R box that stopped routing mike input to the radios, had to switch
to one radio. It ended with the rotator on the tallest tower getting stuck,
pointing South Saturday morning.

>From then on I started looking into fixing some of the issues and lost interest
in making a serious effort.

On a positive note, I have added a third tower this summer with another Skyhawk
tribander at 88'. I have finally made an antenna switching system where 20, 15
and 10 monobanders can be switched with two tribanders, while the coaxial stubs
are always used for the proper band. I did some limited testing the weekend
before and didn't know what to expect, but it worked very well. Antennas can be
selected using a web browser, with a single click.

Looking forward to the CW test in four weeks.