[3830] CQWW SSB VE2IDX(VE3ZF) SOSB(A)/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, igor.slakva2010@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE2IDX(VE3ZF) SOSB(A)/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2016 20:48:13 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE2IDX
Operator(s): VE3ZF
Station: VE2IDX

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH: Zone 2
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:  348    17       38
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

One more DX-pedition to Zone 2 behind…
1700 km driving one way by mountain's roads to the Northern
Quebec…
I came to Zone 2 on heavy loaded minivan in one week before CQ WW
SSB Contest. I planned to operate in SOSB (A) 80m HP category and
during this week I was installing 4 SQ on 80 meters by myself
only in small French speaking fishing village on the Atlantic
shore …
It was big challenges to install 4 SQ on 80 meters because the
weather has been changed often to low temperature, cold rain with
snow and strong wind...
However up to Friday four phased verticals on 80 meters was
installed and was successfully tested. Was installed 2 beverages as well.
I was worried  little bit about magnetic storm which happened during last
week before CQ WW and unfortunately condition on the bands was strongly
affected to it on the my far North QTH…
I have operated SOSB(A) 80 HP and I should say that first night
was very difficult �" due to my far North location condition on 80
was very poor and every QSO was taken with difficulties.
I had feeling that due to magnetic storm radio waves does not
reflecting at all…
Second night was better, time to time I did pile-ups with North
American's stations and have enjoyed by good work of 4 SQ as well.
FR4NT, 6W1RY and ZD8W on 80 meters was taken through pile-ups after my first
call, but conditions was still too far to be calling perfect...

However I have enjoyed the Contest, suspect next CQ WW condx will
be better.

I would like to thanks Yuri VE2IM and Max VE3CCN for their great
help during preparation to my Zone 2 DX-pedition.

Also thanks to all who called me during such difficult conditions
in CQ WW SSB 2016 and 73!

Igor VE2IDX / Zone 2