[3830] SS CW VY1AAA(W1VE) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gerry@w1ve.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VY1AAA(W1VE) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 02:08:18 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VY1AAA
Operator(s): W1VE
Station: VY1AAA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NT
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5
Remote Operation

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  141
   20:  715
   15:  156
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Wow what a difference propagation makes!
Thank you, thank you to our station engineer and master laborer, J,  VY1JA, for
all his hard work on the station.  We can provide him gear, but without his work
and the help of Tyson, VY1SLZ, nothing would get up at the station.

I had 82 sections within 3.5 hours!  My last, PR, did not come until 9 hours
into the contest.

The current 80m antenna seems to have some kind of a short on RF peaks, so no
ant for 80m.

The claimed score breaks the old record held by KN5H (who was operating at J's
QTH to set the record) in 98.

We plan many new, great things from the station.  During the SS Weekend, J and
Tyson got one of the V beams up -- 600 feet on a leg.  The apex is at 70';
however the far ends are at 40' currently.  The antenna has main lobes to New
England and JA.

Thanks for another SS blast -- I've been doing this almost continuously since
1976!

I hope everyone who needed a sweep got it!

73, Gerry W1VE, VE1RM