[3830] SS CW N1DC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N1DC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 03:40:54 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

------------
  160:   10
   80:  241
   40:   66
   20:  106
   15:   34
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Good conditions overall with many strong signals. Worked VY1AAA early on 40M
which is usually the hardest section from here. 80M was great with 39
sections.

Needed only DE and MB with 2 hours left. Got DE on 80M and decided the only
chance left for MB was 40 or 80 since 20M had closed. 40M had strange
propagation with many loud stations beyond 1,500 miles. Nothing heard on that
band except a VE7 and many W6's.

Back to 80m for the final 90 minutes. I almost fell out of my chair when a VE4
called my at 0230. He disappeared after I sent the exchange. I stayed on that
frequency another 20 minutes but he never came back. Missed the sweep by one.

Great fun hunting for the sections.

Station: TenTec Omni 7 @ 100W, MFJ Differential T tuner, Winkeyer USB
Antennas: 4 element Yagi @ 30ft, 40/80 dipoles at 35ft, 160M Inverted L at
60ft